18 - 25 March 2023 | Mauritius
Seven Day Mindfulness Retreat In the
beauty of the Island of Mauritius
Join us to experience Mauritius with all your senses awake and alert...
Time & Location
18 – 25 March 2023, Mauritius
About The Event
Involving daily meditation, mindfulness teaching and inquiry the retreat supports you in coming home to yourself beyond your habitual ways of perceiving and acting. Mauritius is a place where the beauty and tranquillity of the outer setting gently facilitates an internal resetting, the sustainability of which is enhanced by one to one coaching and peer conversations, on your return to your daily life.
You will experience Mauritius as a local as I will be taking you to my favourite places on the island. The natural beauty of the place, combined with daily mindfulness practices is a perfect combination for you to really embody mindfulness at the core of your being. We will swim with wild dolphins in the ocean, walk mindfully in pristine nature to swim in secret waterfalls, paint with our eyes closed with the sound of the sea around us. And most importantly you will be nourished by delicious local food cooked with love.
I will be leading this retreat alongside my dear friend Sue. Sue and I have known each for over 10 years and we have always shared a deep admiration for each other. We have facilitated a number of Mindfulness workshops for leaders and coaches. We feel very blessed to be able to hold this space for you to engage in this work in the most stunning location. Sue has been practising mindfulness since 2004 and trained as a teacher with the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice, Bangor University. As for me, meditation has ben part of my life since my childhood but it has become my daily practice and a way of living since 2012 and I trained with University of Exeter as a mindfulness teacher bringing this gift to thousands of employees at GSK. Both Sue and I are fully trained and licensed Psychosynthesis Counsellors.
• Mindfulness practice - Retreat will include three periods of group Mindfulness guided practice, inquiry and discussion, per day.
• Food - Full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner and non-alcoholic beverages provided).
• Excursion to swim in Indian Ocean with wild dolphins
• Snorkelling and meditating with fishes all around you in crystal clear water
• Mindful walking to waterfall
• Barbeque evening with local music
• Accommodation in a bungalow overlooking the sea and surrounded by a glorious garden
• Double bedded room (single or double occupancy) with en-suite bath/shower room or twin-bedded room (single or double occupancy)
• Follow through after the retreat to support sustainable practice - Weekly 30 minute remote Mindfulness sessions for 12 weeks
• 2 x 45 minute, remote One to one coaching and mindfulness practice sessions
• Practice buddies – daily 15 minute, synchronous or asynchronous practice, for 12 week
Not Included :
• Travel insurance
• Transfers to and from airports
Additional optional activities (with supplementary fee):
• Mindful trekking
• Mindful climbing
• Visit to Port Louis, Mauritius’ capital
• Swimming and diving with Sperm whales
Solo occupancy (double bed) - £1895 pp
Twin/double occupancy - £1595 pp
A £300 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your place on the retreat. NOTE: In the unfortunate event that you need to cancel your place for any personal reason eg illness, claims should be pursued through your travel insurance policy.
This is an active retreat so remember to bring trainers, a small back pack for the walks, mosquito repellent, and lots of sun cream. Please ensure that you have health insurance. If you have any health concerns please talk to me about them when you register for the course.